Dental implants are a restorative treatment option used to replace missing teeth and restore the patient’s ability to function with ease. Dr. Rick Coker’s Smile Studio provides patients of all ages with high-quality dental implants. Dental implants can significantly improve their quality of life for senior citizens in Tyler, TX, restoring their ability to eat and speak with ease and dramatically improving the appearance of their smiles.
Dental Implants for Seniors
- Dental implants are created using a titanium post, which is inserted into the jawbone via oral surgery. Sedation dentistry can be used to help patients feel more comfortable and relaxed during this procedure.
- After the implants have been placed, some time must be given for the implants to fuse with the jawbone and stabilize. Then, natural-looking crowns are placed on top of the implants to complete the process. Dental implants are as strong as natural teeth and allow the patient to eat and speak normally.
- Seniors often prefer dental implants to dentures or other appliances. They are a much more natural-looking option, as they look and feel like natural teeth. Implants are taken care of just as natural teeth are, with brushing and flossing. Getting dental implants also means no longer having to bother with the hassles of dentures, such as using denture adhesive and dealing with an ill fit that makes eating and speaking difficult.
- Unlike dentures, which can become loose over time and must be replaced after a certain amount of time, dental implants are a permanent fix. With dental implants, senior citizens are able to enjoy a full set of teeth and a beautiful, natural-looking smile for the rest of their lives.
Getting Dental Implants
If you or a loved one are missing teeth and would prefer not to use dentures, dental implants could be the perfect solution.
- The first step toward getting dental implants is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Coker. During this first appointment, Dr. Coker will conduct an examination and discuss your desires for your smile to determine whether you are a good candidate for dental implants.
- If it is decided that dental implants will be a good fit for you, you will come in for oral surgery, during which the implants are placed.
A Skilled, Experienced Implant Dentist
- To achieve amazing results, it is imperative to find an implant dentist who has undergone the advanced training necessary to place your dental implants. Dr. Coker is the dentist for the job. He has been serving Tyler residents since 1972, is a member of several professional dental organizations, and has completed numerous workshops and courses in cosmetic dentistry.
- Known as “The Smile Doctor,” Dr. Coker is devoted to his patients. From the patient’s initial implants consultation to the final appointment, Dr. Coker ensures that the results are beautiful and highly functional and that the patient is satisfied.
Seniors in Tyler, TX who are missing teeth do not have to turn to dentures or other appliances. Visit Dr. Rick Coker’s Smile Studio to explore your options for replacing missing teeth using dental implants.
If you are in need of treatment for missing teeth or dental trauma reconstruction, you may benefit from a set of dental implants from an implants dentist who can provide you with only the highest quality treatment.
The fact is that many individuals are nervous about the implants procedure because it involves oral surgery, which can be painful in some instances.
Of course, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice having a brilliant and beautiful smile simply because you have dental anxiety. Allow Dr. Rick Coker to show you how the implant procedure can be painless and precise.
The Basics of Dental Implants
In a nutshell, dental implants are durable, artificial tooth roots made of titanium, which are inserted directly into your jaw bone in order to serve as an anchor for several dental apparatuses.
The Many Uses of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a very versatile dental procedure, and implants can fix a variety of dental problems. They can be utilized to replace missing teeth, or to improve your oral health after dental trauma.
Dental implants are used in the following ways:
- They can anchor a porcelain crown to replace a single missing tooth.
- They can be used to anchor a dental bridge to replace several missing teeth.
- They can be used to secure dentures in order to either replace multiple missing teeth or to ensure that your dentures fit properly.
They can also be used in a process known as dental trauma reconstruction, which can restore not only your smile after trauma, but also your facial features.
If you would like to learn more about the basics of dental implants, please see the following page:
Dental implants basics
Painless Oral Surgery
As aforementioned, dental implants require oral surgery, and this can be a deterrence to persons suffering from dental anxiety. The importance of having a pain-free procedure cannot be emphasized enough.
This is why it is essential to choose a dentist who offers high-quality sedation dentistry for implants. Sedation dentistry, or sleep dentistry, will make your procedure virtually painless.
You will barely feel this procedure, and you will have virtually no memory of your procedure after it is completed. This is because sedation dentistry can incorporate either:
- Oral sedation dentistry
- IV sedation dentistry
Your dentist will determine which type of sedation is best for your implants procedure, but you can rest assured that your procedure will be virtually pain free.
If you’re interested in learning more about sedation dentistry for implants, please see the following page:
Sedation dentistry for implants
Why Choose Dr. Coker?
Dr. Rick Coker is a dentist who offers sedation and dental implants. This means that when you choose Dr. Coker, you will be able to get high-quality permanent implants, while undergoing a pain-free surgical procedure.
If you’re interested in getting dental implants, please call Dr. Coker for a complimentary consultation at 903-581-1777.
For patients with one or more missing teeth, implants might be the perfect solution.
At Dr. Rick Coker’s Smile Studio, in Tyler, Texas we believe that you deserve to have the best possible smile. You deserve to have a bright, beautiful smile that doesn’t have a single detraction.
That’s why we offer help with high-quality dental implants by our Tyler, TX dentist if you need them.
Why Would I Need Dental Implants?
You may need tooth implants if you have one or more missing teeth. Implants have a variety of uses, and can be customized to fit your individual needs.
If you’re ready to experience a smile you can take pride in, choose Dr. Rick Coker’s Smile Studio, a Tyler dentist for your implant restoration.
How Do Implants Work?
Essentially, dental implants are artificial tooth roots. These artificial tooth roots are made from durable titanium, and are placed directly into your jawbone. They serve as a strong anchor for the following tooth replacement options:
- Dental bridges for a few missing teeth
- Partial dentures for several missing teeth
- Full-set dentures for multiple missing teeth
- Porcelain crowns for one or more missing teeth
Dr. Rick Coker will help you decide exactly which option best fits your needs, and regardless of what you and Dr. Coker (your implant dentist) choose, you can rest assured that you will be happy and satisfied with your brand new smile.
How Extensive is the Implant Procedure?
The implant procedure is extensive and does involve invasive oral surgery. The procedure works in the following ways:
- You will come in for an initial evaluation where Dr. Coker will determine which implant procedure is right for you.
- Your implants will be customized to fit your mouth.
- You will then undergo oral surgery where your implants will be inserted directly into your jawbone.
- Your implants will then be given time to fuse with your jawbone, in order to form a strong and secure anchor.
- You will then return to our office to get your bridge, denture, or porcelain crown.
I’m Nervous About Oral Surgery. Will It Hurt?
Although the implant procedure is invasive and requires oral surgery, you can take solace in the fact that you will feel only the most minimal pain. This is because we use trained sedation dentists.
We use only the highest quality sedation techniques, including IV sedation, oral sedation or nitrous oxide sedation. We will help you determine which sedation method is right for you, so you can be sure that your implant procedure will be virtually painless.
Choosing Dr. Rick Coker’s Smile Studio
When you choose our dental office, you can feel confident that you will be in good hands. At Dr. Rick Coker’s Smile Studio, you will be offered the highest quality dental implants with special attention paid to your comfort and well-being. If you’re ready to experience the benefits of dental implants, call us today at 903-581-1777.