Dental implants are a restorative treatment option used to replace missing teeth and restore the patient’s ability to function with ease. Dr. Rick Coker’s Smile Studio provides patients of all ages with high-quality dental implants. Dental implants can significantly improve their quality of life for senior citizens in Tyler, TX, restoring their ability to eat and speak with ease and dramatically improving the appearance of their smiles.
Dental Implants for Seniors
- Dental implants are created using a titanium post, which is inserted into the jawbone via oral surgery. Sedation dentistry can be used to help patients feel more comfortable and relaxed during this procedure.
- After the implants have been placed, some time must be given for the implants to fuse with the jawbone and stabilize. Then, natural-looking crowns are placed on top of the implants to complete the process. Dental implants are as strong as natural teeth and allow the patient to eat and speak normally.
- Seniors often prefer dental implants to dentures or other appliances. They are a much more natural-looking option, as they look and feel like natural teeth. Implants are taken care of just as natural teeth are, with brushing and flossing. Getting dental implants also means no longer having to bother with the hassles of dentures, such as using denture adhesive and dealing with an ill fit that makes eating and speaking difficult.
- Unlike dentures, which can become loose over time and must be replaced after a certain amount of time, dental implants are a permanent fix. With dental implants, senior citizens are able to enjoy a full set of teeth and a beautiful, natural-looking smile for the rest of their lives.
Getting Dental Implants
If you or a loved one are missing teeth and would prefer not to use dentures, dental implants could be the perfect solution.
- The first step toward getting dental implants is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Coker. During this first appointment, Dr. Coker will conduct an examination and discuss your desires for your smile to determine whether you are a good candidate for dental implants.
- If it is decided that dental implants will be a good fit for you, you will come in for oral surgery, during which the implants are placed.
A Skilled, Experienced Implant Dentist
- To achieve amazing results, it is imperative to find an implant dentist who has undergone the advanced training necessary to place your dental implants. Dr. Coker is the dentist for the job. He has been serving Tyler residents since 1972, is a member of several professional dental organizations, and has completed numerous workshops and courses in cosmetic dentistry.
- Known as “The Smile Doctor,” Dr. Coker is devoted to his patients. From the patient’s initial implants consultation to the final appointment, Dr. Coker ensures that the results are beautiful and highly functional and that the patient is satisfied.
Seniors in Tyler, TX who are missing teeth do not have to turn to dentures or other appliances. Visit Dr. Rick Coker’s Smile Studio to explore your options for replacing missing teeth using dental implants.