Are you searching for a way to relieve jaw pain and headaches? If you are, then you need a provider of TMJ treatment in Tyler, TX. A quality TMJ dentist will certainly be able to treat your jaw pain using the latest in TMJ therapy.
If you’re searching for a TMJ dentist in Tyler, TX, Dr. Rick Coker would love to help you.
What is TMJ?
TMJ disorder, or temporomandibular joint disorder, stems from a misalignment of the temporomandibular joint in your jaw. Basically, this misalignment can lead to both serious jaw pain and migraines.
TMJ is caused by several different factors. These include:
- Grinding your teeth or bruxism
- Excessive gum chewing
- Experiencing high amounts of stress and anxiety
- Major or minor jaw trauma
- Misalignment of your jaw or bite
- Developing arthritis
In the end, a trained Tyler, TX TMJ dentist will be able to diagnose whether or not you have TMJ, and will help devise a treatment plan. Oftentimes, TMJ goes undiagnosed. It’s important to remember that TMJ disorder is easily treated, and there is most likely no use for you to have invasive surgery.
What Are The Symptoms of TMJ?
You may have TMJ disorder if you have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Popping or clicking of your jaw
- Locking of your jaw
- Frequent headaches or neck aches
- Pain around your temple or cheek areas
- Pain in or around your ear
- Sore jaw muscles
- Difficulty opening your mouth fully
If you’re experiencing any or all of these symptoms, you should consult a TMJ doctor in order to evaluate whether or not you have TMJ. If you consult an experienced Tyler, TX TMJ doctor, you will be able to get the treatment you need to relieve the pain in your jaw and your migraines.
Methods of TMJ Treatment
If you’ve been diagnosed with TMJ, there are several ways a TMJ dentist can treat your pain. These treatment options include:
- An invasive procedure, such as using a TENS to relax your muscles.
- Designing a customized splint to be worn over your teeth at night, thereby allowing your jaw to rest in a painless position.
- Creating a treatment plan that includes lifestyle changes that will minimize TMJ pain.
Your TMJ dentist will certainly find the very best option to treat your problems, giving you the relief you deserve.
Where Should I Seek TMJ Treatment in Tyler?
If you’re looking for an experienced TMJ dentist in Tyler, consider our dentist here at Smile Studio, Dr. Rick Coker. Dr. Coker has years of experience in the treatment of TMJ, and he will certainly find the very best solution to solve your TMJ problems.
At Smile Studio, Dr. Coker has created an environment that is conducive to treating each and every one of your dental problems in the most compassionate and comfortable way possible. For a complimentary consultation with Dr. Rick Coker, call his Smile Studio today at 903-581-1777.