Porcelain Veneers in Tyler, TX
If your smile needs an even more dramatic change, we can take you from average to outstanding in just three steps with application of porcelain veneers. Because they cover the entire tooth, the thin, shell-like veneers can actually ‘reform’ your entire smile, creating more attractive color, shape, and size of teeth in ways other procedures can’t match; and because of the significant effect on your smile, we do a bit more preparation up front.
For example, our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Coker, first carefully evaluates your specific situation, listening to you explain the exact changes you have in mind. Then, he’ll do several things to help you visualize your end result. He’ll spend some time showing you photos of similar case outcomes, obtain an impression of your mouth for a “diagnostic wax up,” giving you a three-dimensional representation of the results, and finally, he may also use a computer enhancement program to provide you with several options prior to performing the actual procedure.
Then, once you’ve agreed on your desired results and a corresponding course of action, Dr. Coker simply prepares your teeth for the veneers by gently buffing or filing approximately one half of a millimeter from the surface of each recipient tooth. Occasionally, this step requires a local anesthetic. He’ll then take the final mold or impression of your teeth and send it to a special professional dental laboratory. There, experts will carefully produce your veneers for a custom-fit.
- Once they’re ready, Dr. Coker will carefully bond them temporarily with water or glycerine, to test their fit and color.
- And as soon as you’re both completely happy with their compatibility, look, feel, and fit, he’ll permanently affix them to your teeth using a special dental cement.
- Finally, to activate the cement’s hardening agent, he’ll apply a visible light beam to the veneers and create a finished look.
DURAthin® Veneers from Tyler Cosmetic Dentist Dr. Rick Coker
“Smile Design without the Drill”
You may have seen ads in magazines and on TV for “no drill” veneers, and they are now available at Dr. Rick Coker’s Smile Studio in Tyler, TX. Dr. Coker is a certified cosmetic dentist and provider of revolutionary DURAthin Veneers, which require little or no drilling or preparation of your natural teeth, yet produce absolutely stunning results.
In certain cases, very thin porcelain veneers can be designed to adhere directly to the front of teeth with no removal of the enamel! This means that for some people, we can design the smile of their dreams without even drilling on their natural teeth.
- The contact lens-like veneers are bonded directly to the tooth in instances where we are trying to increase the size of the teeth, or enhance a narrow arch width.
- Generally speaking, people who have had teeth extracted for orthodontic reasons in the past can be great candidates for this exciting procedure.
- We have also used this technology to “turn back the clock” for people with small or worn teeth, giving them a more youthful smile.
LUMINEERS® is a name you may have seen or heard of as they are another “no drill” product that has been heavily marketed in magazines and on TV. However, we have found that they are not nearly as “pretty” as our DURAthin veneers since we cannot send them to our highly qualified dental lab technicians.
For more information or to find out if you are a good candidate for DURAthin veneers, call to schedule a complimentary in-office visit at (903) 581-1777, or send an e-mail via the form below.